Tuesday 23 June 2020

NONSENSE VERSE

Talking 21st Century Covid-19 Blues

Raw wet market bush meat, infected by a bat
Someone had a yen for a flank of bitten civet cat

I went to my bank and addressed my teller masked
She didn’t even blink, no, she never even asked

Compass duct tape arrows in every single store
Pointing this way out, exit through that door

A Home Depot list is pinned on the kitchen wall
I’m in the plumbing aisle, can’t remember it at all

I memorized the lyrics of all of my favourite songs
Today all those words I know are very very wrong

I’ve forgotten who I was, don’t know who I am
I’m just your average first wave pandemic man

Dinner tonight will be a bagged drive-thru treat
A rubber gloved cone of sloppy mystery meat
           
meGeoff has been your most unreliable, unbalanced and inaccurate alternative source of excruciatingly wretched poetry since 2013. Don’t sign up for e-mail alerts from the Crooked 9, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment