Tuesday 5 July 2022

NONSENSE VERSE


Honky Tonk Holiday (live kitchen party version)


Well I bought a baseball cap on the west coast

I intend to pack it all the way to the east

Said I’m going to Prince Edward Island

Where existential dread hovers least


I’m worried ‘bout my flights’ cancellations

Air Canada just don’t seem to get ‘em right

Will all my luggage be lost at Pearson

It’s the last place I want to spend a night


How I miss that pub in Kensington

Twenty minutes from Lightfoot’s Summerside

God how I crave that shellfish sandwich

With Stompin’ Tom’s taters all deep fried


I don’t care for Lucy Maud Montgomery

You know Green Gables ain’t my style

But I want to dip my toes right in the ocean

Sit on the porch turn my mind off just a while


Well I could write ten more verses

Maybe a bridge and then a chorus too

But I think you catch my meaning

So I guess said I guess this song is through   


meGeoff has been your most unreliable, unbalanced and inaccurate alternative source painfully derivative and obvious rhyming since 2013. Apologies to Mick and Keith. My novella Of Course You Did is my latest book. Visit www.megeoff.com to find your preferred format and retailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment