Thursday 30 December 2021

NONSENSE VERSE


The Greek Alphabet


Classical antiquity

Is mostly Greek to me

I was not an Alpha dog

Just another working cog


Phi Beta Krappa

A photo of Frank Zappa

And Chi goes with Sox

Chicago baseball talk


Oh Epsilon Epsilon

William Faulkner read you wrong

His was not the Tau of Pooh

Piglet Tigger and little Rhoo


Good gosh Omicron

On the heels of Delta’s dawn

Hell I wasn’t ready

For a virus so unsteady


Curses on this life of Pi

Gamma rays make me cry

I can’t cope one more Iota

Pour me another vodka soda


Upsilon and down the hatch

Got my third Moderna batch

A must avoid this social stigma

Though the letter I sought was Sigma


Alas now what can I do

Sans a muse for Nu and Mu

Although maybe La(m)bda

Could sound like La Bamba


Letters Theta and Eta

Rhyme with crumbly feta

And what about Xi and Psi

Do they Scrabble qualify 


But Catherine Zeta-Jones

Michael Douglas moans

I now so dread Omega

Like a song by Suzanne Vega                   


meGeoff has been your most unreliable, unbalanced and inaccurate alternative source of painfully poor poetry since 2013. But my novella Of Course You Did is the Platonic ideal of that particular literary form, honest. Visit www.megeoff.com to find your preferred format and retailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment