Saturday 11 March 2023

NONSENSE VERSE


Housework After Midnight


I stay up mopping after midnight

I use a flashlight

That’s what I do, always mopping

After midnight, cleaning up for you


While I was vac-a-q-ming

An attachment whispered to me

Wafting on an upfloat

I heard a silent dust mote

Say I sound like Arlo Guthrie, that hippie


He rhymed motorcycle and pickle

Pronunciation not too fickle

And just like both the Trudeaus

Who lived upon the Rideau

The kid ain’t worth a nickel, a hammer or a sickle


Well I’ve raised the carpet pile

Singing Patsy all the while

Baseboards are drudgery

And I should let the angel be

Time to wash the kitchen tile, shine it up with style       


meGeoff has been your most unreliable, unbalanced and inaccurate alternative source of execrable verse since 2013. Apologies to Patsy Cline. The novella Of Course You Did is my latest book. Visit www.megeoff.com for links to purchase it in your preferred format from various retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment