Thursday 13 March 2014


SAINTS PRESERVE US

 

Countdown to the Apocalypse

 

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers this week announced the fall publication of a children’s book written by Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. The book is illustrated by his daughter Theodora Richards. The book is titled Gus & Me: The Story of My Granddad and My First Guitar and was penned without the assistance of James Fox, Keith’s Life collaborator.

 

You can view the cover art and read the press release at keithrichards.com. You can read an unedited transcript of the first draft (dictated into a recording device) here and only here.

 

A meGeoff world exclusive:

 
I always took candy from strangers. I mean, if you’re gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly, heh-heh… The only problems I’ve had have been with policemen. Booze and pills and powders, choose your medicine. You won’t catch a cold on the poppy. Me and Lucifer, we’re like this, heh-heh… And Mick’s a great bunch of guys, the bitch. The pool’s in but the patio ain’t dry. Istanbul could be interesting. Wild horses, man. Some Girls? We couldn’t remember their fucking names. White chicks, heh-heh… Girl, you’re too rude. She’s got a mind of her own and she use it well. Guitars are shaped like women. I’ve slept with my guitars. Five strings, open G, man. The Mounties had to wake me up. We were gonna bring down the government. Coming down again. I’ve never turned blue in someone else’s bathroom. The height of very bad manners. I wasn’t looking too good but I was feeling real well. Heaven’s never struck me as an interesting place to be and mind the Catholics, they’re even dodgier. Better get some sleep tonight. I've been up for nine days.

No comments:

Post a Comment